Pics of Line-X Liner?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Texashoopty, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Texashoopty

Texashoopty New Member

Does anyone have pictures of their Line-X bed liner?

Thanks!

Mike
  2. daweinah

daweinah New Member

Here's some of my truck as soon as I drove it back from getting sprayed. I went under-the-rail and had bed rail caps installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

Here is mine. I went over the rails...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Scratch

Scratch New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  5. All_Terrain

All_Terrain New Member

Would you guys recomend getting the liner above the bed rail? I just wonder if I would like it on my truck that way.
  6. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

I think it is all a matter of taste. I don't like the GM plastic bedrail covers, but I wanted the protection. That is why I had them spray over the rails. The guy that sprayed my liner did a great job of running the edge right where I wanted it. They have been spraying the Line-X liners for several years here. Just make sure you find a dealer that has a good reputation!
  7. All_Terrain

All_Terrain New Member

I had the Rhino liner in my 06 silverado I had. There was no way I was going to get that above the rail. Rhino's texture is too chunky and I thought it would look tacky, but the Line-X texture is nice and even and looks great on your truck. Getting it above the rails would also hide a few scratched that I have.
  8. daweinah

daweinah New Member

And for me, I had some dents on my rail so I got the bed rail caps to hide the dents, and since I got the OE style, they match the tailgate cap that comes standard!
  9. All_Terrain

All_Terrain New Member

Where did you get your bed rail caps?
  10. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

I had the plastic bedrails caps on my truck till the 3m tape started coming loose and one side decided to fly up while driving on the freeway heading to my parents house. Bent it and put a small crack in it. Still have both of them just need to figure out if I want to put them back on with new 3m or go and get over the rail done with the line-x to finish up my bed.
  11. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

This was one of the reasons that I decided against the caps. When I did my research, I came across a few stories of the 2 sided tape coming loose. Another reason was a guy that I use to work with had the caps on his ('01? '02?) Silverado and after a few years they appeared to we slightly twisted. They had a wavy appearance. I'm sure this was probably the exception, and not the rule for these GM caps, but it was enough for me to choose the direction I took with the Line-X.
  12. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

Yeah, i contacted my local line-x and asked about getting them to do my rails and quoted me 90 per rail. I keep meaning to contact them again and have them do it but I keep putting it off for other things.
  13. Murdered-Knight

Murdered-Knight New Member

i just got line-x and i went over the rails. Personally i think its a must, cause i already had scratches in the paint there, and people always step on that part and stuff rests on it....

I was worried about it being "ugly" but i actually like the way it looks, makes the truck look more manly.

One thing i told em to do is only do 2 coats to make it thinner on the rails. Then 3 coats everywhere else

by the way, i went through a company who use's line-x material, but is not an actual line-x company. Saved me about $150 because he doesnt have to pay royalties to them
  14. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I don't have any pictures of the inside of my bed, but I also have line-x and it is also over the rails. I think it's a must, especially if you use your bed the way it was meant to be used. Since it had the liner on before I bought the truck, I can't tell you the condition of the original bed rails, but I know on both of my older trucks, they were/are hammered from just general use. Think of how many times objects touch the tops of the bed rails. I know on mine, it's constantly.
  15. All_Terrain

All_Terrain New Member

How much did you guys pay for your Line-X bedliner? I paid 425 for my rhino in my 06.
  16. Murdered-Knight

Murdered-Knight New Member

i paid 350 for my linex
  17. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

I just had mine done. We have 3 locations around the Charlotte area that spray Line-X. All three were within $10 of each other. I think 2 of them are owned by the same company. These two locations were offering a $20 discount. Regular $490 over-the-rails. I paid $470.
  18. trainergeneral

trainergeneral New Member

For the rhino up here in Peterborough Ontario Canada $ 590.00 plus tax for over the rail and the bed..