1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pics of my '08 Silverado

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ajarman, May 23, 2010.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I removed the front air dam yesterday along with the front liccense plate bracket. The 4 rivit bolts left some small holes, but I think it looks much better with 4 holes than that square bracket. Let me know what you guys think about the truck and the air dam removed.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks really smooth now.. sadly here in MN we have to have 2 license plates, so we cant do mods like that.
  3. RSMark5

RSMark5 Member

Sweet

So how long does it take to take off that black center thing???
  4. Kman1022

Kman1022 New Member

Same here with the 2 visible plates.
    That looks really cleaned up without it, nicely done!
  5. ajarman

It really did not take long at all. I would say from start to finish I was done in 20 minutes. I drilled out the heads of the rivits and just pushed them from the back. I used some soap and water to clean where the bracket was.
  6. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Nice clean rounded look. :great:
  7. ajarman

Thanks for the comments guys!
  8. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Rockstar 100 Posts

truck looks good. i took my airdam off a few weeks ago too. gives them a much cleaner look.
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Much cleaner, the air dam was the first thing to go after I got my lift.
  10. RSMark5

RSMark5 Member

Sweet. Thats good news its not too much of a PITA. Shoot me some pics of the license plate holes so I can see what I need to have ready for you.

We need to talk. I know I offered to fix it while you were home, but I'll still be out of town this weekend and I have some issues of my own. Hit me up.