pics of my motor swap

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by somonenew1994, Feb 21, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. somonenew1994

somonenew1994 New Member

here is a couple of pics of the motor swap that i am doing right now i am leaving the intake off till the motor in so i can get to those top two trans bolts and than after i get the intake on i get to have fun with wires and timing it hope you all like it the new motor is a rebuilt 350 4 bolt main that is punched .0030 and it has a slight cam i have to use my heads off the old motor so i can get my intake to bolt right and still have the vortec i will post more pics while it goes on

Attached Files:

2. somonenew1994

somonenew1994 New Member

a couple more pics it wouldnt let me load

Attached Files:

3. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Nice. I also think you have the record for the longest sentence without any breaks, lol.
  4. somonenew1994

somonenew1994 New Member

my mind wont let me type senteces or let me spell
  5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Nicely played, lol.
  6. cpon2009

cpon2009 New Member

quick question VORTEC's come with a plastic timing chain cover you are not going to assemble that motor in the truck with the wrong timing cover are you? not having the plastic cover wont let the crankshaft position sensor work correctly
  7. somonenew1994

somonenew1994 New Member

nope i was just done for that day got that switched today and the water pump now i need an extra hand so i can get her put back in the truck so hopefully tonight my buddy will come out and i can hear her run toight or tomorrow mouring (give us beer and we will never sleep) just keeping u all udated on her the prgress is coming along

Attached Files: