Pics of my new truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 2wheelmudder, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

new truck 1.jpg new truck 2.jpg tube.jpg tcase.jpg tranny leak.jpg So heres some pics of my new truck i got 2 saturdays ago 4x4 6.0 nasty truck some concerns is the t case looked to have an oil leak and tranny pan has oil on it too and there was a tube on top of t case but it all had dirt on it like it stopped but i have to check all levels still no drips tho

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

NIce looking rig, The Tcase pic looks like you might need a new rear seal (about a $10 part) and then the tube is a breather. ASnd lastly if that is a pic between the motor and Tranny then that is the rear main seal leaking some.. Which is common on SBC chevies with a couple of miles on them. Great looking rog, adn hopefully it will last a long time to come.

3. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

yes it has some miles thank you i have some work to do but i love it and ill look into the seals

4. slowredchevy

slowredchevy New Member

the t case seal is a real easy fix, you can do it in about 10 minutes if you know what your doing with the right tools, also, the rear main, thats a pain in the ass on that motor specifically, about a 6-7 hour labor job. would be best to pay a tech to fix it, because if it screws up after they fix it, then its on them. my 88 is a breeze to fix, ive put 3 trannys in since the new motor, and thats pretty much what your doing to do the rear main. nice looking truck, ive seen a lot of people put ls6 H.C.I. on those and made them in to fasttttt trucks