1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pics of NBS Silverado with body lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, May 2, 2009.

1. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

if anybody has a 07 or newer silverado with a body lift i would greatly appreciate it if yall could send me sum pics. im thinkn bout putin a 3 inch body lift on my truck just like to see a truck with it already on there
  2. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra New Member

i would highly recommend not getting a body lift, it really isnt that safe.
  3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

What exactly are you worried about with a body lift? You can get gap guards to fill in, and it looks like fine. I've been running one now for a long time and I have had no issues.

As AJ has said, it does make it a little more top heavy as it changes the trucks COB. If you aren't making erratic moves, you will be fine.
  4. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

referring to ajsierra i had a body lift on my old 2001 for 7 years of the 8 that i owned the truck and never had any problems. i just would like to see a new body style with a body lift on it to see if i like the look. body lifts are safe.
  5. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

I'm pretty sure that AllBlkdOut has a body lift on his NBS. It looks good. Check out his sig pic.
  6. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

thank you i check it out
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i ran my body lift for 2 years without a problem. if they were really that unsafe they wouldnt make them.

try performanceaccessories.com and look at the photos
  8. aftriathlete

aftriathlete New Member

Correct me i'm wrong here guys, but isn't a body lift "safer" than a suspension lift? I'm just saying, if we're trying to compare the safety aspect -- a body lift keeps the heaviest components of the truck, the frame, suspension components, engine, and drivetrain all at the stock height, keeping the center of gravity lower than if you were to put the same height of a suspension lift on the truck, theoretically reducing your risk of rollovers and imrpoving handling. Not to mention the fact that suspension lifts could potentially (I'm just saying potentially, don't flame me) stress your existing suspension components, where a body lift won't. I know you're going for 2 different things here -- greater off-road clearance vs. greater clearance for larger tires and aesthetics. But I don't think the safety of a body lift should really be questioned.
  9. aftriathlete

aftriathlete New Member

Sorry, forgot to add that my future plans for my truck after I get back from my upcoming 5 month TDY is going to include a 2.5" leveling kit, then a 3" body lift so I can fit some 34-35" tires under there. Also contemplating putting one of the squires turbo systems on there as well. It would be fun to have a 480 hp silverado, huh?
  10. rstrem

rstrem New Member

hey jimbo, im in the same boat with my 07. if you get any pics, please pass them on to me.