1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pics of NBS Silverado with body lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, May 2, 2009.

1. M1Tanker

M1Tanker New Member

I have a 2009 Silverado Z/71 4x4 and I have a 2.5" leveling kit on it and I am thinking about doing a 3" Body Lift also. Does anyone have pics and which brand do you all think is the best for the money? I am deployed right now am going to do it in a few months when I get home so any help would be wonderful.
    Thanks guys.
  2. Outrider

Outrider Member

Just so you know, when you do a body lift you have to consider the front tow hooks, side step bars and rear trailer hitch. These are all things that don't move since they are attached to the frame. They all look silly 3 inches lower than the body.
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

after owning a lifted jeep with suspention problems, i may be serioulsy concidering a bodylift if i do decide on 35" tires....
    the only thing that concerns me about them is hearing things like "extending the steering shaft, and brake lines" i have seen that go very very bad.....
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have installed multiple body lifts and never had to do anything with brake lines. The steering shaft extension is just an adapter. You unbolt the intermediate shaft, slide it back, insert the adapter, bolt it in place and you are good to go. I ran a body lift for 12 years on my 95 silverado, never had an issue, I did make erratic moves, and I took it offroad regularly, all 4 tires stayed on the ground. It allowed me to go from 35's to 38.5's.
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

thats good to hear =)
    i alredy did the tortion keys on my truck, next comes the rear add-leafs. im trying to refresh/stiffen the worn suspension, more than lift it. but if i WAS going to lift it for bigger tires, it would be a body lift... although.... then my stick shift would be lower.......
    crap! lol i just thought of that!
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

interesting thread, but as others sometimes say.........we want to see pics !!!!!!! Brian
  7. K15 Blazer Guy

Here is a pic of 3" suspension lift plus 3" of body lift..... i think it looks pretty ****
    131_1007_03+july_2010_readers_rides+1993_chevy_blazer.jpg
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

great pic.....now that stands out pretty nice....if you asked me !!!! Brian from Canada
  9. K15 Blazer Guy

indeed! ;)
    i wanna see all those lights blaze on though lol. if a hybrid cut you off you could incinerate it!! XD LOL