pics of the new lift, wheels/tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aftriathlete, Apr 30, 2010.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Member

Got the new Rancho 4" lift and 20x10 Chrome Rockstars and 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains put on last week. The rancho lift actually lifted the truck about 5" on the stock wheels/tires, so it's a little taller than advertised. Original plan was for 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers due to the fact that rancho says a 35" tire will "easily fit" but the backspacing options on the chrome rockstars were pretty limited, and the 35s weren't even close to fitting. Probably would have with the proper backspacing/offset though. Either way, the BFGs measure about 33.5" and I'm pretty happy with them. Still required a little fender well liner trimming and I trimmed a little off the front air dam, but I'm thinking of taking it off altogether. And if anyone wants those Nittos, they're posted in the classifieds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

man that looks really good! i want to do that rancho lift with my 09 silverado. Do you recomend it? And so could you fit a 35? And about those tires, i am interested but idk how much shipping is. Like i said its a really sick truck bro! congrats!

3. ronniesk8

ronniesk8 Member

that looks awsome i have the same truck but in black granite metalic im gonna do the pro comp 6 inch kit with 35s and 18 inch black rockstars

4. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Really looks nice. Rims and tires really make the truck stand out. Nice job!!

5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That is a eye catching truck! Looks great! You did a nice job!:glasses:

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The Rockstars look so much better in chrome!! The truck looks fantastic, the chrome really compliments the color well. But I'm a chrome fan so I guess my opinion is a little slanted! I also think that the tires are sized correctly, they don't look "stuffed" . Great job!:great:

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sure makes a BIG difference!

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That is a very nice looking rig.

9. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Member

I like the ride quality of the Rancho lift, and I also like the quality of the parts -- nicer powder coating than what I've seen on some other lifts. And yeah, call Rancho to get their exact specs on the wheels/tires and the backspacing and offset that they used to fit a 35, but I do think a 35 will fit. If you wanna do a shipping quote on the tires, they weigh 80# a piece, current zip code is 87106.

10. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Your truck looks great. I like the rock star wheels in chrome so much better than in black.