1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pics of the new lift, wheels/tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aftriathlete, Apr 30, 2010.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Member

Got the new Rancho 4" lift and 20x10 Chrome Rockstars and 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains put on last week. The rancho lift actually lifted the truck about 5" on the stock wheels/tires, so it's a little taller than advertised. Original plan was for 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers due to the fact that rancho says a 35" tire will "easily fit" but the backspacing options on the chrome rockstars were pretty limited, and the 35s weren't even close to fitting. Probably would have with the proper backspacing/offset though. Either way, the BFGs measure about 33.5" and I'm pretty happy with them. Still required a little fender well liner trimming and I trimmed a little off the front air dam, but I'm thinking of taking it off altogether. And if anyone wants those Nittos, they're posted in the classifieds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

man that looks really good! i want to do that rancho lift with my 09 silverado. Do you recomend it? And so could you fit a 35? And about those tires, i am interested but idk how much shipping is. Like i said its a really sick truck bro! congrats!
  3. ronniesk8

ronniesk8 Member

that looks awsome i have the same truck but in black granite metalic im gonna do the pro comp 6 inch kit with 35s and 18 inch black rockstars
  4. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Really looks nice. Rims and tires really make the truck stand out. Nice job!!
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That is a eye catching truck! Looks great! You did a nice job!:glasses:
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The Rockstars look so much better in chrome!! The truck looks fantastic, the chrome really compliments the color well. But I'm a chrome fan so I guess my opinion is a little slanted! I also think that the tires are sized correctly, they don't look "stuffed" . Great job!:great:
  7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sure makes a BIG difference!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That is a very nice looking rig.
  9. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Member

I like the ride quality of the Rancho lift, and I also like the quality of the parts -- nicer powder coating than what I've seen on some other lifts. And yeah, call Rancho to get their exact specs on the wheels/tires and the backspacing and offset that they used to fit a 35, but I do think a 35 will fit. If you wanna do a shipping quote on the tires, they weigh 80# a piece, current zip code is 87106.
  10. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Your truck looks great. I like the rock star wheels in chrome so much better than in black.