Pictures 2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by jampg, Nov 28, 2010.

1. jampg

jampg New Member

Here are some pictures of my 2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD. The dealer pin striped it and I added the bug shield and rear splash guards. So far I am very happy with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

Looks nice, red is always a good choice. What happened to that purple heap in the back of pic 1?

How will you be using the van?
  3. jampg

jampg New Member

Thanks. The purple heap is a part out truck my cousin bought.
    This van is my everyday driver. I do a lot of outdoor stuff fishing, hunting, boating and trips to our cabin so the van is perfect for me. I take out the rear bench seat for more cargo room since I never haul around eight people. I tow three different trailers, two boat trailers (a wood classic and aluminum fishing) and a three place snowmobile trailer now used for quads. I am looking forward to the AWD during the Michigan winters.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

Why did you choose the van over a Suburban?
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks great!!
  6. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

Nice van. Welcome to the van club. I have an AWD van also, GMC Savana 2010 that I've had for 8 months or so. If yours came with the general Ameritracs like mine did you should consider replacing them immediately with some All Terrain tires if you want any kind of performance in the snow and ice without sliding all over the place. They are all around one of the worst tires ever made. Especially on wet, snow or ice.
    http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surv...AmeriTrac&fromTireDetail=true&tirePageLocQty=

7. jampg

jampg New Member

There is way more room in the van compared to the Suburban and its also much easer to get to the back of the vehicle from inside if I need to. If I take both rear seats out I can haul all kinds of things. Not enough room in the burb for me. I have been restoring a wood boat so I have had boards as long as 14 feet in there and also hauled the marine engine on a pallet. I can pack everything when I head out.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

jampg, What kind of fuel economy are you getting according to your on board computer?
  9. Good looking van!
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Sweet ride!! Nice to see the van segment growing on the forum.
  11. jampg

jampg New Member

At just over 100 miles it's at 12.1 and climbing. All city so far.
  12. vannooch

vannooch New Member

Nice ride, I'm considering the Savana AWD for my next purchase. I do however have alot left in my 01, she has only 115k on her.