1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pie and chips anyone??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 95Ronburgandy, Jan 4, 2010.

1. 95Ronburgandy

95Ronburgandy New Member

hey guys
    im thinkin about puttin a chip in my 95 and im lookin for advise and information about what exactly they do,
    i have a 95 k1500 350 5.7l with a short shift package in the tranny
    magnaflow exhaust and throttle body spacer already put on,
    headers are gonna be replaced as one has a fracture in it thats gonna crack pretty quick so maybe point me in the right direction there aswell
    not to sure on my gearing aswell im pretty sure theyd be stock tho
    and any other little tidbitts i could do to it to help me chew through the mud a bit better just got some pretty heavy tires that are makin my old girl have to put out power she doesn't quite have right now,,
    im not worried about spenden alittle money on things budgetting for about 1000 bucks,
    with these improve ments am i goin to have to retune my transmission aswell
    thanks boys
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

I put a HyperTech Stage 1 chip in my 95 Tahoe... It's a piggy-back style chip. It instals between the computer and the factory chip... What it does it takes the signal comming from the computer and alters it to get the most performance then sends the signal back out into the computer...

It worked real well. I could actually feel the difference after I installed in...