Pimp My Denali

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by repley81, Apr 11, 2013.

1. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

looking for some ideas I could do to my truck. So far all I've done is added side steps and a Tonno Cover. I have about $2000 I could put into it. Give me some ideas to run with.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's a Great truck and looks good from the start. Maybe some vent-visors, Nice rims and thats about it.. Post up some pics..

3. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

I have some from the dealer website I posted when I joined. I may go take some pictures of it when its day light out. It's only 4am on the west coast.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Then go Back to BED!!!! :happy:

5. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

I'm still in bed...that's the sad part of it all...trying to win me some NASCAR tickets lol

- - - Updated - - -

Most recent picture I have of my truck.

daddys truck.jpg

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Denalis are already fairly pimped as it is.

My suggestions would be get a nice hard tonneau cover and I would put the chrome mirror caps on the side view mirrors.

7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What direction are you going? my friend has a truck just like yours he's got exhaust,cold air intake, diablo Intune and leveled on 33s. Also has vent visors and line x. I think it looks amazing with the stock rims.

8. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

I don't use the truck for towing or hauling, so I'm looking for HP. I know the main things I want to do are exhaust, and air intake. Outside of that, I really don't know what I'm doing.

9. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

A CAI is not worth the price, get an MIT and drop in a K&N filter, it will give you the same results.

As far as horsepower, the 6.2L is a very powerful engine. You will get a HP gain just by removing that water heater sized muffler and going with something a lot less restrictive.

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

an airiad Modular Intake Tube is on my to do list. already have the K&N filter....

for cheap you can have them chop out the stock muffler, weld in your muffler of choice and be done with it, thats what i did and I love how my truck sounds. threw a cheap black chrome tip at it here not to long ago and im a happy camper.

Alex