1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pin stripe...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Darknesss23, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Has anyone put a pinstripe on their chevy truck? what do you all think of a red 1/4" pin stripe on a black truck? i think it'll look good... but I can't decide if I want to do it yet... any input would be greatly appreciated
  2. rgaff

rgaff Member

Iv'e done a lot of leather work with Blk and red, good combo, keep it straight Good luck
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like the clean ,plain look so for me personally i would not put pinstriping on my truck.Red pinstriping on a black truck would look good, if you like pinstriping go for it.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I think it would look good and the black red combo is a classic one. definataley want to make sure its straight.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Absolutely! Black with a "little bit" of red is my favorite color combination.
  6. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I've actually seen a lot of my body style with pinstripes, mine has one front to rear that is almost not even noticeable, it just follows the body lines
  7. Darknesss23

I did it. I like it I only went from the tailgate to the front fender. I didn't want to go all the way forward like I originally planned on. I MAY or MAY NOT put it on the hood of my truck to "highlight" or "outline" the black reflective vortec letter and 1/2" black reflective pin stripe... still considering it.. I have also TWO TAPOUT chrome/black/red emblems that I could put on the front fender right above where the red pinstripe ends.. I have the TAPOUT license plate cover and a TAPOUT sticker on my rear window... I think the emblems would be a nice addition but again... I'm not sure if I will do it or where exactly I will put it if I do. Thanks for the Input I'm happy I did it. and at the very least, i can change my mind and remove it!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Take some pics,i would like to see what it looks like.
  9. Darknesss23

[​IMG]
    just a pic from my Iphone... I took some NIGHT photos tonight.. .i'll post them soon
  10. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Pinstriping is nice as long as it isn't overdone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]