Pin stripe...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Darknesss23, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Has anyone put a pinstripe on their chevy truck? what do you all think of a red 1/4" pin stripe on a black truck? i think it'll look good... but I can't decide if I want to do it yet... any input would be greatly appreciated

2. rgaff

rgaff Member

Iv'e done a lot of leather work with Blk and red, good combo, keep it straight Good luck

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like the clean ,plain look so for me personally i would not put pinstriping on my truck.Red pinstriping on a black truck would look good, if you like pinstriping go for it.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I think it would look good and the black red combo is a classic one. definataley want to make sure its straight.

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Absolutely! Black with a "little bit" of red is my favorite color combination.

6. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I've actually seen a lot of my body style with pinstripes, mine has one front to rear that is almost not even noticeable, it just follows the body lines

7. Darknesss23

I did it. I like it I only went from the tailgate to the front fender. I didn't want to go all the way forward like I originally planned on. I MAY or MAY NOT put it on the hood of my truck to "highlight" or "outline" the black reflective vortec letter and 1/2" black reflective pin stripe... still considering it.. I have also TWO TAPOUT chrome/black/red emblems that I could put on the front fender right above where the red pinstripe ends.. I have the TAPOUT license plate cover and a TAPOUT sticker on my rear window... I think the emblems would be a nice addition but again... I'm not sure if I will do it or where exactly I will put it if I do. Thanks for the Input I'm happy I did it. and at the very least, i can change my mind and remove it!

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Take some pics,i would like to see what it looks like.

9. Darknesss23

[​IMG]
    just a pic from my Iphone... I took some NIGHT photos tonight.. .i'll post them soon

10. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Pinstriping is nice as long as it isn't overdone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]