GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Pinstripe on a new Silvy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 22, 2013.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I stopped by the local dealership this week to look at a truck that stared at me every time I have driven by for the last couple weeks. Well, I decided to buy it with the incentives. Going to sign all the paper work Monday and hopefully picking it up at the end of next week. I know that pin-striping is all personal preference but I'd like to hear all your opinions. My current 09 that I'm trading in is Greystone Metallic with a silver and red stripe, the truck I'm getting is a 2013 1500 Z71, Red, Ext Cab, Standard box with the Z71 appearance package (painted front end, chrome grille inserts and chrome tow hooks). I'm thinking of doing almost the same stipe style using dark grey and silver. Thing is, my dad had this same color red about 10 years ago with the same color stripe and it was really sharp, but the red with no strip and nice tint also looks really good. I'm torn! Any opinions would be great!

Here is the best picture I have that you can see the stripe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Try it without the pin striping for a while ... give it time. If you decide the clean look isn't for you, then add the pin striping later. If however you're pleased with the clean look, then no further action is needed.
  3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

That's a good idea. I like them both, a lot! LOL