1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pinstripes

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by uposb4, Jul 21, 2010.

1. uposb4

uposb4 New Member

I'm going to take my 05 Silverado and have pinstripes put on, What should i expect to pay for this?
  2. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

Just a simple pin stripe or racing stripes? Also are we talking painted on or vinyl?
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I worked at a Chevy Dealership for a few years and the price we would charge for vinyl strips was $100.00. I would think that should give you a good idea on what to expect to pay.
  4. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Do it your self with vinyl. Ebay has alot to pick from and put some $,s in your pocket.
  5. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

6. uposb4

uposb4 New Member

Thanks for the info, All i want are the thin pin stripes from end to end, Nothing fancy. I'd just rather pay somebody to do it and not take a chance on screwing it up. How hard is it by the way?
  7. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I actually know the guy that dose the stripping for the dealership up here and doing the vinyl stripping is not that hard he doses the whole side in one shot the goes back with a razor knife and cut the vinyl were the doors and bed it. I have had him do mine a couple of times. I let him do it because he has such a big selection of stripping.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I agree with the others. You can do it yourself, just take your time. If you don't do it yourself than $100.00 is about average.
  9. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had my put on by a friend who works in a body shop, and charged me $30, and that included the pin stripe material, I did silver metallic to match the 4x4 sticker on the bed. my truck is a slate blue, looks mint.
  10. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you see the guy at the dealer ship pinstriping cars have a chat with him he don't work at the dealership he only get's $20.00 to $30.00 dollars per car or truck and he don't care who is paying him the dealership or you. They have a crop load of colors & what not you might be suprised.