Pioneer AVIC-F90BT install

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by asilva1818, Mar 27, 2009.

1. asilva1818

asilva1818 New Member

I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo on an 09 Silverado 1500. If I upgrade to this stereo will I lose my onstar? Has anyone ever installed this stereo or similar?

Also any recommendations on the inside speakers as far as upgrades? Just looking for a real crisp sweet sound nothing gangster with monster bass.. Thanks!

2. leadpan101

leadpan101 Rockstar

yes you will lose the onstar, but they make a onstar module that you can put in to keep it. As for speakers, infinity make nice speakers, really just find some you like.

3. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

That's right just buy the adapter for the onstar I think it was like $50.00 but with it it will work perfect

4. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

the pinoeer will work with an onstar add on module but I would seriously look at a different brand of stereo myself. the money you'll spend on a pioneer you could have a Kenwood or alpine with the same fatures and it'll last longer than pioneer ever has. Just my personal experience talking there. but also the Kenwoods add ons are usually a little cheaper than the ones for the pioneer or alpine too.

6. SQSilverado

SQSilverado New Member

I personally like the Pioneer's. I've been running them for years in my competion cars with no problems and the functions are easy to use. I installed the DEH 980P in my 06 Silverado and the only thing that I really don' t like is the module that I had to get to plug it in to the factory harness. It was around $70 just because Chevy ran the door and seat belt chime through the radio. If you want really clean and crisp sounding speakers I recommend Image Dynamics. Look at woofersetc.com.

7. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

unfortunately that's the hazards of owning a newer truck too the wiring harnesses cost more because they hook up to and control more. that's another little bonus of owning an older truck, not as much electronics. Mine was $20.00 for the harness same as my wife's 98 suburban. You do face the same issue when you have too old of a truck as well though, a harness for example on my 89 silverado is almost $50.00 just because it's not as widely produced any longer.