Pirelli ATR's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by KyleZ71, Sep 25, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't been around for a while but I'm back again. After I blew a left front tire up at school (and the notorious gm spare tire lock troubles) I had to call AAA, and then experienced the most embarrassing moment as I watched him pull the rado on the flat bed. I had the left front replace the whole tire. That weekend I went tire shopping and thought I had a set of BFG Rugged Terrains line up with my local chevy dealer only to find the guy screwed up and ordered the BFG Rugged Trail.:grrrrrr: SO after tire shopping all day, on a Saturday, I ended up going with a set of 4 Pirelli ATR's for about 900 dollars. I was wondering if anyone are running these tires and what they think of them. Thanks for any input you may have.

BTW ill post new pictures soon of the Rado with the new tires.

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I do have the Scorpion ATR's on my truck, I bought them used from a buddy so they already had like 15 k on them. I do like them, they wear evenly and ride comfortable. But they are strictly a road tire, not really good for mud or snow. But my truck has seen little snow action though.

3. KyleZ71

My neighbor worked for a tire dealer and he said a lot of people liked them in the snow. I just hope they do their job. When I go hunting the back roads are alright but up in PA when we get the heavy wet snow, I like to know I can go when the going gets tough. I guess we shall see

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Your neighbor might be right, I have looked at reviews and they were mixed about them in snow. Hopefully you have no problems with them. Be sure to give us a update whenever that time comes though. I am interested to see how they work for you. :glasses:

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Had the Str's before and Loved the handleing now have some XTR's I got off of Craigslist for $140.00 for all 4.. (Sorry) So far Good They should last me the rest of this summer/fall then next Summer.. Always liked Pirelli's but could never buy them new.. When ever I need tires I just look around......

6. KyleZ71

I know what you mean. My uncle sells used tires (that look almost brand new) but cant get the 265, 75, 16. And since I had one brand new left front and very worn others I needed tires now.

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

265/70R16's are so common, why would they be hard to get used? I did that for about 5 years..... saved allot of money on tires.

8. KyleZ71

Because they are so common the guy he picks them up from can't keep them in stock