1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pissed!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 5speedsilverado, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok, so i washed my truck last week, and then it sprinkled on it the next day. i was ok with that because you couldn't tell it was dirty, i just went out side, and i found paw prints from the edge of my hood that go to the middle, then up the window and on the roof. does any one know how to keep animals off of your truck? im thinking it was a neighbor hood cat or a coyote. it jumped off the fence and landed on the edge of my hood. it also had muddy paws, so i know it wasn't someones dog or something
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You will hardly be able to avoid cats jumping on your truck. If you want to nip the problem at the very base of the problem contact your local humane society and tell them you have strays and that you'd like to capture some and bring them in. If they have a tag then all the better, they'll be able to contact the owners (and most likely charge them for the pickup)

Get yourself a cage trap (around $50 or so) and a few cheap cans of food.

$50 might sound like a lot but what would you have spent on a gadget or wax product that would keep them away?...

Just my thought.
  3. 5speedsilverado

what if it was a coyote? though? i have never really seen any stray cats in the neighbor hood
  4. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

:lol:eek:r wait outside with a bb gun jk
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Then you catch yourself a coyote, you take some kickass pictures, and call animal control. :)
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How big were the prints? A Coyote has big paws the size of a a dog where a cat's paws are half that size. Also I don't believe a coyote would jump on a car where cats love to jump on cars.
    X2 on trapping the varmint. <G>
  7. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine Rockstar

I keep my truck in the garage, but I have the cat problem with my lawn furniture. The cats jump on the cushions and leave hair and whatever else laying on them. I tried everything I could think of, then finally tried mouse traps. All they have to do is spring one trap and they won't come back. A scared cat makes a heck of a noise too. Might not be too good for a paint job though.
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

From one of the great minds of our time....... The only good varmint poontang, is dead varmint poontang!!!
  9. hmaster77

hmaster77 Rockstar

i used to have that problem but what i did was set a trap in the back of my truc with hotdogs in in then in the morning i would check it and if they were in there i would drive off so the neighbors didnt c it and let it loose somewhere or shoot it
  10. 5speedsilverado

i might just have to try the mouse traps, the foot prints lead on top of the cab and into the bed(they just disappeared at the edge of the 3rd brake light