Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pitman Arm

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by AZ_Kid, Apr 13, 2009.

1. AZ_Kid

AZ_Kid Member

What is the big difference besides price between these three pitman arms besides price. One is a Moog for $83, another is McQuay-Norris 4-grove spline $52 and the other is a McQuay-Norris extreme series 4-grove spline for $69. Wich one would you get?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know Moog and their quality, never heard of McQuay-Norris before, I'd probably spend the extra money for the Moog. Any of them have any warranty? That would probably help in my decision.
  3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

On pirate 4x4 they were talking about this brand here is the link

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7911231

Highlights

McQuay-Norris Extreme Ball Joints
    I used to work for a parts store that sold these, they are much higher quality than a strandard McQuay Norris joint, which isn't saying much.

A lot of McQuay Norris parts arn't actually made by them, Iv'e seen two boxs same part number with two diffrent manufactures products inside.

I still bought Moog over all other options. I think Summit Racing has good prices on Moog. Moog in my opinion is the best option.

x2, I've always had good luck with Moog. I dont get it from Summit though, Napa and Carquest's premium bj/tre product line is made by Moog.

spicer golds were far nicer then the moog stuff
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would go with the moog
  5. AZ_Kid

AZ_Kid Member

Now does it matter if it's lifter or not? And all the prices were from checker.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes it could matter if it's lifted, depending on the type Pitman arm used on the lift.
    Some lifts use the factory pitman arm, I'm not a fan of this because it makes bad bump steer and some lifts will use a Pitman arm with drop to match the lift height. You need to determine which one your truck is using because the wrong one could cause issues.
  7. AZ_Kid

AZ_Kid Member

Just spoke w/ brad at CST. He said that it uses that factory arms.