1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pitman arm

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Dons31a, Apr 5, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Dons31a

Dons31a New Member

I have a 94 chevy p/u and am trying to remove the pitman arm. I am using a three jaw wheel puller and banging with a maul. It has never been changed since new. It is a beast and has not budged. Is there a way of removing it without a torch? I would like to get it done today to get it aligned. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I can make a tool if I have to. Thanks Don
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If your three jaw tool is slipping off, try a pitman arm remover. There made by alot of tool companies like SnapOn and OTC. Try your local auto store for a loaner. Also are you using a impact wrench?
  3. Dons31a

Dons31a New Member

I finally decided to make a tool like a pitman arm puller and used an impact wrench to try and loosen it. The wrench puts out about 600 lbs/ft. I even hit it with a sledge hammer from on top of my tool. The arm never budged. Can I heat without damaging anything?
  4. IPFK83

IPFK83 New Member 100 Posts

lots of PB blaster.
  5. Dons31a

Dons31a New Member

I also used PB blaster at the beginning. Thanks for the reply