1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

pk brake on Tahoe not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bassalive, Dec 15, 2008.

1. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

I recently had my 99 Tahoe to a spring shop to get a leaf replaced and ever since my parking brake doesn't work. Is there anything that could have unhooked or :neutral:what?

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Short answer: yes it is possible they unhooked the parking brake cable and forgot to reconnect it. 1st thing I'd do is crawl under, locate the cable, and make sure it looks hooked up all the way to the rear.

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Agree w above, but If that is not the problem I would take it back to the shop:neutral:

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Even if that is the problem I'd take it back and make them fix it.
    Most likely they left the parking brake cable unhooked.
    They probably had to remove the cable to replace the leaf spring and may have gotten the adjustment out of whack also.
    Either way they didnt finish the job and should be held accountable for their work.

5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

prolly ust left one of the tension ing clamps or brackets unhooked

6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Amen.....No matter the problem, they should be the solution...All here are good answers...:great:

Jeff

7. chappygopappy

chappygopappy New Member