Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Plane crash in NYC East River

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Crazy, but a water landing is better than hitting the ground.

Firsthand photo from a cell phone.

http://twitpic.com/135xa

2. lube70

lube70 Member

Holy cow, plane in the Hudson.

The US air flight landed today in the Hudson river in NY....The guy was going to try to go to Teterboro airport (near me) but instead took to the river... Kudo's to the pilot that landed it....all passengers OK

Don

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The news here said there were no loss of life!
    The man upstairs was watching out!

That water sure was cold! 40deg.:gasp:

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I read that the plane was headed for Seattle and the pilot did a perfect water landing with the nose up so he saved hundreds of lives.

5. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

That pic is crazy!

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

my fatehr works in NYC but he said he could not see it. I was watchin it on the tv today tho

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I DO NOT and WILL NOT ever fly in my life time and this is one of the reasons. I do not have control, if I did well things would be different(bird shot on the front of my plane for sure).:rofl:

Jeff

8. Akula682

Akula682 Rockstar

LOL you think you have control in a car or on a motorcycle? Id like to see your "control" of the drunk driver that swerves at you at the last minute.

traveling by air is the safest way to travel... there is no better way.

9. mrfixdit

mrfixdit Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm with Jmoney

I'm with Jmoney, this is why if I can't drive there I don't need to go there. I've handled the drunk driver swerving at me, cell phone talkers swerving at me or left turn signal on and right turn made, farm tractors pulling out of a field totally unaware of anything and many more events all of which could have been catastrophic the only constant was that "I" had the choice of how to handle it.