1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

plastic bed rail covers shrinking?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevyman2004, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

haven't been in for a while how ya all doin? i got a question about my plastic bed rail covers. I started noticing this winter that my bed rail covers started to pop up and there is a nice gap forming from the rear going forward. i am wondering if this is shrinkage from cheap plastic covers or just the cold. If it is cheap plastic is there a way i can remove them without hurting the paint and get some real good rail covers on? any advice is much appreciated.
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the plastic factory bed rail caps on mine and after I installed the tonneau cover the heat build up in the bed made them buckle, I'm thinking about removing them and having the Line-x extended over the bed rails instead. You can see how bad it's getting in the pic, in my signature pic they are straight.

[​IMG]
  3. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think Adam has the best solution. The rail covers would have to be pretty thick to withstand really cold conditions.