1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Plastic radiator tank

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by RichardG, Aug 15, 2007.

1. RichardG

RichardG New Member

Does anybody know where i can get a replacement radiator tank. Most places want to sell the whole radiator but I only want the tank. It's the driver side tank for a cross-flow radiator for a 2001> C/K 2500/3500 HD with the 8.1L gas or both sizes of Duramax diesel engines and the Allison trans. I have a brand-new radiator but somebody somewhere in a warehouse dropped the carton and it landed on the lower vibration cushion and ruptured the bottom around the mount. We didn't find the defect until coolant was added and began pouring on the floor. I checked with somebody who welds plastic and they wouldn't touch it, said the ABS crumbles and wouldn't hold especially under pressure. The tank must have the large fittings for the oil cooler lines (1/2") to work.
    Thanks, Richard G
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I tried replacing a plastic tank on my wife's old 92 S-10 Blazer few years back. I bought it from Oreily's. I couldn't get it to go back in correctly, so I ended up just replacing the whole radiator.