1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Plastic

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Fork, May 13, 2009.

1. Fork

Fork New Member

What is the best way to remove wax from plastic....fenders and bumpers... is there something i can buy to take it off...or rub it off with gas or WD40 anything
  2. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 New Member

i use simple green and a very stiff toothbrush, it takes it right off
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

i just rubbed it off after a good rain. keep it wet for a while, then try rubbing it off, maybe try the tooth brush thing
  4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

that is the same method i use. we had a thread not too long ago about this same issue. if that doesnt work you can try Mother's Back to Black found here http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06108_c.html

i have never tried the mother's stuff but some guys on here says it works well
  5. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 New Member

ive tried the back to black but it doesnt seem to work well for me at all....
  6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Havent tried on plastic but it used to get in the louvers on the mustang and I would use a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to get the wax out of the grooves.
  7. Fork

Fork New Member

What kind of simple green. i bought some stuff in a squirt bottle i think it was all purpose is that what you used to take off the old wax
  8. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

Yes, this is what I use http://buy.simplegreen.com/product.php?productid=16133&cat=256&page=1 I buy it in the gallon jug tho. I use it for anything you can think of around the house. Its great for cleaning carpet and cloth seats as well. Plus, it leaves a great smell!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Heres a trick I use before I wax. Apply a good amount of any armor-all type protectant on all the plastic and leave on while you wax your truck. After wax dries wipe off protectant and then remove wax. Any wax that got on plastic will wipe off with the protectant.
  10. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member

All you need to do is get some kind off all purpose cleaner. If it is good stuff diluted 50/50. spray it on your plastic and scrub it then rinse off. Then put your dressing on your plastic. I use Adams All purpose cleaner and adams Vrt on my truck it is the best by far.