Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Play in my steering Wheel?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by fx2offroad, Oct 28, 2009.

1. fx2offroad

fx2offroad Rockstar

My friend owns a 1996 Suburban c1500 2wd. We recently converted it to 4wd. with a solid axle swap. It has a dyna 60 in the front with 4:56 gears. Since the conversion, the steering has about 3 inches of play side to side when turning the wheel. It's not really hard to keep on the road, but then again it is. If you need to move right alittle you have to turn the steering wheel to the right 3 inches before getting ay response.
    When parked i can sit in the suburban and shake the wheel in the "PLAY" zone, and it seems to be somewhere between the wheel and the gear box. For the arm on the gear box doesn't move.

Any ideas to where my problem is? here is a picture to get a little better of an idea what kind of rig it is.

[​IMG]