1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

play in wheels

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dshewy14, Feb 14, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 New Member 100 Posts

ok so i know ive posted alot of threads here in the last couple of day, and im sorry for all that. just seems like everything all went bad at once. my question now is when you jack the truck up under the a arm should the wheel have any play in it or just a lil. I was thinking it should have just a lil but not much.
  2. Gambit

Gambit New Member 100 Posts

Buddy if you have noticable play you need to pony up for some new ball joints. Sorry. I seem to be the bearer of bad news alot. Dont think i am any better. I have issues with my ride to.
  3. dshewy14

man ive had ball joints go out on several trucks and its not nothin like that. the drivers side has a some play side to side and a lil up and down so im bout sure that s the hub bearing. but the passanger side has no play up and down and very lil side to side. souldnt it have some play side to side. I mean its very lil on the pass side, thanks
  4. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ball joint test

Side to side play is not a good indicator of suspension faults. Put a jack under the front A arm and grab the wheel top and bottom and give it wiggle. The more play, the more wear. It is just a "feel" test so opinions vary on how much play is acceptable.

This video makes it very obvious:
    YouTube- I think it's time for new ball joints!
  5. dshewy14

yeah its not near that bad and the play aint in the ball joints, that i could notice anyways
  6. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

Probably the hub/bearing assembly.