1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

please go buy wheel locks so this doesnt happen to you

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by mashburn, Jan 12, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. mashburn

mashburn New Member

this is what happens when ypu think it wont happen to you.... haha oh well good thing for insurance...fyi now i know three ppl including me that have had there factory 20s stolen

Attached Files:

2. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Man I hate a thief. Sorry to hear it.
  3. mashburn

mashburn New Member

yep me too lucky for them i was at work when it happend
  4. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

Wish we could lock him in a room with ya for ten minutes. I cant stand theives.:grrrrrr:
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Did they do that in your Driveway??? either way talk about stupid i hate thieves! and dont mess with a persons TRUCK!
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow! It is almost unbelievable that this sort of thing actually happens. And in TEXAS, no less (gun laws). I can't think of too many home owners in Texas who wouldn't have introduced the barrels of their guns to those theifs had they been home. Sorry to hear that you have to deal with all that mess. Maybe this will be an opportunity for you to get some nicer (aftermarket) wheels and tires.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wheel theft is alive and thriving here in Texas.
    A coworker of mine that lives in Keller Tx. has been hit twice in 4 months for the 22's on his Suburban.
    Wheel locks should slow them down so you can get a few shots off.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member 100 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Your truck on cinder blocks looks like hell. Too bad you weren't home and were able to put a few rounds into the scum or scum bags.

I have wheels locks and a Viper car alarm. ....and insurance.

It is also smart and a very good idea to order a SECOND LUG KEY, If you lose the first one you are in trouble. I bought Gorilla Wheel Locks and immediately mailed in for another Lug Key which was like $8. I keep one in a drawer in the house and one in the vehicle of course. They make nice chrome wheel locks.
    http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks

The thing about wheel locks is that every thief that encounters wheel locks knows the lug key will be somewhere in the vehicle. 99% of idiots put the lug key right in the glove compartment and thieves know this. So don't be an idiot. Hide the lug key as best you can in a nook and cranny place that only you know and remember. Because a thief will go looking for it in all the likely places ie glove compartment/trunk etc. If they can't find the lug key quickly they will leave. You also really need an alarm as a second deterrent to theft of your wheels. Once a thief sees lugs they will try and get in the vehicle to look for that lug key which is somewhere in the vehicle. They will likely break a window then open a door to gain entry. SO when they open a door an alarm needs to go off.
    If you have a one two punch of wheel lugs and a good alarm like a Viper you will prevent theft of your wheels or vehicle by the average punk a$$ dirt bag thief.

I got my Viper 350HV installed for $199 from Best Buy. Kid did a perfect job. He did my Alpine system also. I have had the Viper for about 10 months and I really love it. I highly recommend one and Gorilla Wheel Locks. I think the Gorilla Wheel Locks were like $25 or so, another $8 for a second lug key. Peace of mind is a bonus.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  9. mashburn

mashburn New Member

yeah when i get my money from the insurance im getting them... gorilla locks buts its an instalation kit like 70 but its 24 lug lock instead of lug nuts that should slow them down...but a alarm and new wheels are in the near future if the insurance would stop screwing me around and just send me a check

and as for living in texas i would have loved to introduced them to my G19 or my 12 gauge
  10. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know how big Cedar Hill is, but you may see your wheels around town some day. If you remember any identifying marks on the wheels or tires, you can inform the cops & maybe they'll watch the mo fos & catch them with a whole garage full of hot stuff. Also if you ever pulled these wheels/tires off yourself, you probably left fingerprints on them & that would be good evidence that they are yours.