1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Please help 1993 Yukon problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redzbutterfly, Mar 14, 2008.

1. redzbutterfly

redzbutterfly New Member

I just bougt a 1993 GMC Yukon with a 5.7 L engine. Had one week alternator went out, replaced , ran for 2 days then acted like it was running out of gas, got gas then just stalled out.. it now starts and idles for about 4 minutes then dies.. does the same thing , replaced fuel filter and no difference.. Please give me suggestions on what could be wrong.. Thank you
  2. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy New Member

Test fuel pressure, is there any other checks you have done? Cap and rotor, plugs, wires, ignition module...what happens when you try and idle it up or drive it? need more info.
  3. redzbutterfly

redzbutterfly New Member

We don't have any tools to test anything... we put our whole tax return in this thing and now we are BROKE... ugh! so anyways when I try to rev it and keep it at about 1200 Rpms it seems ok maybe it cuts out a little bit , but dosn't stall.. if I put it in drive it dies immediently... is there anything I could check without needing special tools? thank you so much for your time..
    Darbie