1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Please help fuse keeps blowing!!!

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Dustin123, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Dustin123

Dustin123 New Member

I have a 95 sonoma and my turn signal fuse keeps blowing every time i move the truck. I can sit still and it will work all day long. I'm thinking it's a grounding issue but I can't find any bare wire's. Does anyone know where exactly I should look, or have any other suggestions for me. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Is it hooked up to a trailer ??? if so i would check at the trailer plug. if not, get some fuses...take 1 bulb out at the time to first see which one is causing it, then go from there to search what is causing it ... get back and let us know what you found !
  3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

If its blowing fuses then there is a short in the system somewhere. Does it blow when you just move two feet ahead or does it require actually street driving.?
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Could be a short in the column, too.
  5. montyss

montyss New Member

could be the turn signal switch itself ?
  6. Dustin123

Dustin123 New Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the post's, but I found out that it blows the fuse every time I put it in reverse. It's a straight drive and I was wondering if anyone knew exactly where I should start looking. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. It's really frusteratin me!!! Thanks.
  7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What do you mean by 'straight drive'?
    Is it a column or floor shifter. If it's a column shift, I refer to my previous post, in that something has grounded out in the column. Have you, or a PO, done anything in that area that could have crimped some wires together?

When you put it in reverse, does the fuse blow immediately, or do you have to start moving? Same thing with the steering wheel - start the truck and turn stop to stop to see if it blows.

Good luck and keep us posted,
  8. Dustin123

Dustin123 New Member

Hey guys, it's a 5 speed in the floor, and as soon as I put it in reverse it'll blow the turn signal fuse. I cheaked around the shifter and couldn't find any bare wire's or place's that the harness wore down. Does anybody have any suggestions for me?
  9. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

BU & TS shouldn't be on the same fuse, but take out both of your back up light bulbs & try it again.
    Also check the wiring at your fuse box & see if a previous owner has put a haywire onto your TS circuit for a power supply.
    If it still blows the fuse then follow others advice above
  10. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

its the reverse switch on the shifter above the tranny..probably the wire is broken and as soon as the shift lever hits the switch it shortens out !!!!!

THATS MY GUESS ! good luck