1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Please help me!! 1999 sierra, no power

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by KpuntryBoy82, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The oil light is most likely caused by a bad oil level sensor, they are around $25. That sound on the right side does not sound good. Maybe, @j cat will get a chance to listen to the video and can help out on this one. He is very good with this kind of thing. Just out of curiosity have you checked your fuel pressure? You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge from almost any parts store for free. you might want to check it just to eliminate fuel delivery as an issue. The gauge simply screws onto a port on the driverside fuel rail on top of the motor.

2. KpuntryBoy82

KpuntryBoy82 New Member

Have not checked the fuel pressure but I'll look in to that.

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would check compression. also do a coolant pressure check ...head gasket / cracked head etc...my guess.

4. KpuntryBoy82

KpuntryBoy82 New Member

So its not guaranteed that there would be water in the oil or vise-versa with a blown head gasket or cracked head? Bc I am not experiencing either that I can tell. And can I borrow a compression tool from say Advanced Auto?

5. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

the heads and head gasket is one failure .. the other would be coolant leaking into the intake port.

call autozone or another store for test tools.. get the coolant pressure tester..

if you find coolant leak then the compression is good. check spark plugs for coolant..this will show a very clean plug as the water removes all carbon deposits..the plug will be the odd colored one..then this may be the intake gasket but some have had crack in the head with this..