1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

please help me

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Feb 22, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have a superchips cortex programer. I was wondering if a custom tune would be better than the superchips setting that is in the tuner. Also i would like to get a custom tune done on the truck to get the most power out of it i can. Any suggestions will help.
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

From what I have seen, custom tunes will generally give you better performance. Provided that the tuner knows what they are doing.
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure what the extent of the programmer allows for. I do know that if you're not a tuner, or the programmer only uses preset factory tunes, then a custom tune would probably squeeze more gains out of your truck. The down side is that if you do anything to change the way the truck runs, new injectors, exhaust, intake, etc. you will need a new tune. If you live in an area where temperature and humidity changes drastically from season to season (I live in Colorado, so this would apply to me), then you could see problems in the winter if your truck was tuned in the summer, or vice versa.
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

thanks for the help
  5. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

another thing with a programmer some inprint numbers into the computer so it can void factory warranty and the computer has adaptive learn so it learns how u drive well the computer can over throw the programmer. learn around it.