1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

PLEASE HELP: Truck making weird noise!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by iAintNoHick, Apr 18, 2010.

1. iAintNoHick

iAintNoHick New Member

My truck has been making this noise for the past few weeks now. It only happens when I turn the wheel left, not right. What is it?

YouTube- steering noise

2. jedepsub

jedepsub Rockstar

Have you checked p/s pump or gear box?

3. iAintNoHick

iAintNoHick New Member

not yet. I thought it wouldn't be that cause it only makes the noise when I turn left. My dads needed p/s fluid and it sounded different than this. Hopefully I'm just low on p/s fluid. I will check tomorrow

4. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say your pump

5. etpn13

etpn13 Member

mine made that noise when turning to the right only on my 01 and i replaced the fluid w/ stop leak and that fixed for a couple days but pretty sure it was the gear box causing but traded after adding a little more stop leak to make it quit while i was trading. and the gear box at advance auto was gonna be like 180 to replace.

6. iAintNoHick

iAintNoHick New Member

p/s fluid is good

checked the fluid and it's good. stopped by the shop and he said that they typically go out first on the left side. might try to drain fluid and put some new fluid in. Maybe some lucas for p/s as well.