1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Please help with heated seat problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BarryC, Oct 13, 2009.

1. BarryC

BarryC New Member

I have searched and searched and have only found a few references to the problem I'm having. Mostly it seems the heated seats don't work. That isn't my problem mine turn themselves on. I turn them off and they turn themselves back on. Its only like 55-60 degrees around here now and I'm burning up! I don't even wear a jacket until it gets in the 40s.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the under seat connectors? I would like to start there and see if there is a short or a relay that is stuck. Then I guess I'll check the wiring in the door and connection to the on/off buttons. And if all that fails to keep them turned off when I turn them off I want to simply cut the @#$ wires to the heater coils (well more like just unplug them).
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Are you driving an Alpha Romeo or a VW?:neutral:
  3. BarryC

BarryC New Member

Good question. Looks like my sig line didn't save..probably BUM. (Basic User Malfunction).

05 Silverado LT 4x4
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here you go:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009