Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

please help!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by R6 Tech 413, May 5, 2012.

1. R6 Tech 413

R6 Tech 413 New Member

so i have an 03 2500 crew cab LT with the factory rear entertainment system. i upgraded the front radio with a kenwood dnx6960. i have the bose system so i installed the pac radio OS-2BOSE wiring harness, but in doing so i lose the functions of the rear entertainment. has anyone had something similar done or know a way to get those functions back. thanks

2. R6 Tech 413

R6 Tech 413 New Member

no help anyone?

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You might try the Audio / Video Electrical section of the forums; probably more audo/video-savvy people reading that section of the forums.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It might not be completely compatible even with harness. It has been a long time since I have worked at a place installing, I’m sure some things have changed. Sometimes it is just one or two wires that need spliced. I would truly suggest contacting customer support by phone or by email. When they ask if you tried the online manual just say all day.

5. R6 Tech 413

R6 Tech 413 New Member

i called pac tech support today, (not very bright people), at least the guy i talked to) he said the only way is to somehoe retrofit in the factory radio in somewhere, yea thats not happening. ill try to fiddle with it this weekend and go back and forth between my factory radio and aftermatket, and try to pinpoint which wires power up the rear radio. and just go from there.
    if anyone knows of someone or has found a write up on how to do it please let me know.

6. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That is exactly how you need to do it (find what wire is not connected. Then you need to find out what that wire does. Worse case call a car audio place, tell them your problem and find out how much it would cost them to hook it up. (Since it is a expensive radio, take it to a reputable place) They are use to this stuff. Sometimes spending a couple of extra buck is better than the headache. As well, if they screw something up it is covered.