Please I need help freash are servo

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Bigmacnchez, May 12, 2013.

1. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

I'm guessing the recirculation actuator has gone bad. It will not switch from outside air and inside air. Does anyone know how to replace or how to bypass and leave it on recirculation.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You can not leave it on recir (well I guess you could, but it is not designed to be in recir for all mode positions). Only some of the modes (vent/defrost/floor) will normally allow recir (and, I don't recall which ones permit recir). For example, defrost will not let you add recir, without exterior air, the moisture will not reduce.

Sorry, I do not know how difficult it is to change that actuator, some require the removal of the dash.

3. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

I should have done a write up on it. It was a pain in the a$$ for sure. I changed but was not the problem going to check wires. The servo it's behind the pass airbag by the fire wall. Have to take the dash cover off. Here is a link I found to remove dash cover http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/03/2004-chevrolet-silverado-dash-cover.html

- - - Updated - - -

I have changed the servo, hvac controls, checked the wiring, checked the fuses, checked the door nothing has worked. Next question is there a relay or switch I need to check? And could it be a problem with the PCM or body control module?

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I don't have a copy of your wiring schematic but, you need battery and ground to operate the actuator. Battery from a fuse (probably under the hood fuse panel), the fuse should be labeled HVAC# (the # for 1 through 8, or higher).

The ground is provided by the HVAC control module.

Do you have the automatic HVAC, or the manually operated HVAC?