1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Plowing taking a beating on the truck...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nlocho11, Jan 23, 2011.

1. nlocho11

nlocho11 Rockstar 100 Posts

So I live in CT and all this snow is piling up, someone (me) plows it all lol. My question is, the 7 1/2ft plow I have is starting to, if not already, taking its toll on the front end and sorts of my truck. I figure I've lost about 1-2inches in height due to the weight of the plow, and my mechanical know-how is limited as far as what/where/when/how to replace the parts( ball joints, tie rods, etc.) So here's a few questions...
    1-would new/heavier torsion keys get the height back? sometimes the plow bottoms out hitting bumps even when its all the way up.
    2-what should I start considering replacing in the front end? Everything there is bone stock and straight from the factory, except brakes and rotors. Also the fluids are too, ie power steering, tranny, etc. (its a 2004 with 134xxx miles).

Anything else I should consider throw it at me and it'd be greatly appreciated...I'm sure if the snow keeps up I'll be doing some things too.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Installing a set of Timbrens in the front will help tremendously. Cranking the T-bars will help too.
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

if you're still on your original fluids than you should probably get them changed. Also, replacing the shocks could help out a bit as well.