1. chitownfyrfiter

chitownfyrfiter New Member

Approaching the 90k mark on my '04 Suburban.Looking at changing plugs.Any advice good or bad on which ones to use would be appreciated

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

change them and put in AC Delco iridiums. these seem to run poorly with anything else

good set of wires too, plenty of brands

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2.....on going with A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs.

Edit:.....if you do go With the A/C Delco Iridium Plugs, they are Gaped right out of the Box, Check the Gap which is set at....0.40.....but Do Not Attempt to Re-Gap them as the Iridium Tip can be Easily Damaged.....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I agree on the plugs but would not change the wires unless their condition warrants the change. Then I would replace them with GM parts. If the insulation shows deterioration, you are having misfires or other reason to suspect the wires are bad then by all means change them. I have not seen the GM wires sold as a factory set. They are sold individually. Mine are 13 years old with 250K on them and they show no signs of needing replacement.

The plugs are good for at least 100k. If you are like me and monitor your gas mileage at every fill up you could stretch the plugs beyond 100k. Regardless of what you decide to do, when it comes to critical parts, Delco is hart to beat.

5. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I only use AC Delco plugs in my GM gassers....

6. The_Duke

The_Duke New Member

I agree with AC Delco Iridium plugs, don't use anything else.