1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pneumatic Tools ~ Who Uses Them?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just a little informal poll, wonder who uses pneumatic tools in their garage, shop, workplace, etc.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use 'em in my workshop at the house.:great:
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I never used to use them that much, but last summer I finally bought a 220v 80 Ingersol Rand compressor and now I have all air tools lol! Having a small compressor just made me not want to use them
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

more info please. What brands? What types? How many?
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd be lost without my air tools. Mostly cheapie stuff, just work on my own trucks. A decent 1/2 impact is a must, as many foot pounds as you can afford. Use my die grinders the most, especially the right angle.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

All SnapOn. 1/2 and 3/8 impacts,3/8 and 1/4 air rachets, angle and straight die grinders, air chisel.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Pnuematic wrench, die grinders, cut-off tool, 1/2" Impact gun, pnuematic grease gun, air chisel, I dont think any of them are the same brand.
    Since I'm remodeling the house I recently bought a IR pnuematic nail gun for finishing nails and an IR HVLP paint gun.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Devilbiss suction feed 1.8mm spray gun
    Sata 1.3 finish spray gun
    Devilbiss Millenium GTI w/ DEKUPS system 1.3, 1.5, 1.8 tips

IR die grinder
    Harbor Freight everything else
  9. billnorman

billnorman Member 100 Posts

Most everybody with a compressor uses them, I have about 25 or so. 4 or more impact wrenches, air ratchets, pneumatic drills, jitterbugs, scalers, in-line sanders, rotary cut-off tools, polishers, grease guns, and riveters. Not to mention inflator chucks and blow-off tools.
  10. BReeves

BReeves New Member

Simply cannot imagine working on anything automotive without at least a 1/2 inch impact driver. My compressor is too small (3HP) for die grinders and cut-off tools but I use the heck out of impact drivers and nail guns. Get around the cut-off situation with several inexpensive 4 1/2 inch right angle grinders with cut-off wheel, wire brushes and grinding stone. Just removed the bed from my 2000 Silverado to fix a frame issue, a 3/8 impact driver and 18MM wobble socket turned what have could have been a real chore into a 20 minute job.