PO300 code for 2010 Chevy Silverado(again)

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by kevrev42274, Apr 4, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. kevrev42274

kevrev42274 New Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post but i have enjoyed reading posts by all of you. I have a problem with my 2010 silverado with the 5.3 AFM and engine code 3 which is the aluminum block. This is the seventh time the truck has been to the dealership with this type of problem. The truck only has 24,000 miles and is taken very good care of. The truck has had spark plugs replaced, valves and lifters replaced, new afm control, oil diverter placed in oil plan and now it is misfiring again. The fix this time is supposed to be to replace the pistons and rings. I almost forgot that both valve covers have been replaced. The truck has sporatic idle and has been this way since the day i drove it off the lot. It also has oil consumption problems. My question is has anyone else had this done and did it fix the problem. I have filed claims with Chevrolet and have been offered nothing except it should be fixed this time. I am to the point where i need my truck fixed or give me a new vehicle and this could be your science experiment to come up with a fix for this problem. Any help would be appreciated. The saddest part is this is my first and probably last Chevy. I have had a Ford and several Toyota's and this truck has been in the shop more than those combined. Not trying to bash, but i need something done. The misfire code is being caused by the dreaded AFM.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. Trucking

Trucking New Member

If you bought this truck new or are leasing it I would advise you to read the Lemon Law information you received when you bought the truck and determine if you believe you are eligible to file for refund or replacement under the Lemon Law. If your repair history meets the criteria necessary to get a replacement or refund, proceed to file.
  3. kevrev42274

kevrev42274 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Truck is in the shop having the pistons and rings replaced this week. I have also filed a claim with the BBB. We will see where it goes. We as consumers and Chevy enthusiasts should not have to continue to experience the problems that numerous people are having with the 5.3 with AFM. There should be a fix and i hope they have found it for the 2014 that is soon to arrive.