1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Police / Government Suburbans

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by DOGMANN, Jan 29, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

I'm looking at a used Government / Police 99- 2500 suburban, what can you tell me about the police pkg on the Suburbans? Did these have a different front end and single lights?
  2. tlavergne

tlavergne New Member

The Suburbans with single lights are utility vehicles. They will have rubber flooring and not carpet, manual 4x4 shifting and not auto push buttons, crank windows...things like that.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

And they're frickin' awesome!!

Most will have the utility front end, and no frills. As far as a police package, it's more of a heavy duty thing than a speed thing - tranny cooler, extra corrosion protection, locker, etc.

As I recall, the rad. support is the same. So if you want to look like everyone else, you can swap out the lights, buckets, and grille, but that's more money...

Welcome to Club, and good luck,
  4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Since these are maintained by a dept-they probably get regular scheduled maintenance.
    If they were used by LE- they might have gotten hard use-
    When you don't own something you are a little more casual about hammering the GO PEDAL.Still I wouldn't think anyone would hammer a 2500 vehicle-what would be the point.

Still, I would bet they are in better shape, better maintenance than an average civilian vehicle.
    What sort of $$ are they asking for the miles and years and 4x2 or 4x4.-they are 4x4 right?
    Charlie
  5. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

$6000. 80,000 miles
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

$6000- 80,000 miles- price is right that isn't many miles.
    A new base model 2500 Suburban(the fleet version with vinyl and no power seats? no power mirrors) would still sell for well over $30,000.
    80,000 miles fleet maintained means it has lots of life left-figure 150,000 easy before a trans rebuild.

$6000 is a good price.
  7. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

If you look on ebay, occasionally you can find some Burbs that have threat armor for the engine compartment and bullet proof glass. :)

For when you need to make some trips into Mexico or something. LOL.
  8. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

Thanks..........................
  9. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

Any other fleet owners here?