1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poll: Do you use your Cruise Control?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by stchman, Jan 15, 2013.

?

How often do you use cruise control?

1. Whenever possible, Be it freeway or surface streets

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Often, whenever on the freeway.

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Occasionally, when on long trips.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Never

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

one thing i have noticed is i seem to be able to keep the truck in V4 mode myself then the cruise, especially around any hilly areas.

i usually use the cruise tho, especially on any longer trips. keeps driving fatigue down.

Alex
  2. wackoaboutgm

wackoaboutgm New Member

I try to use cruise whenever i'm at highway speeds, weather permitting. You can always tell people not using it.... most drivers can't hold a steady speed to save their life. Makes me want to be a drivers ed teacher for adults.

- - - Updated - - -

I try to use cruise whenever i'm at highway speeds, weather permitting. You can always tell people not using it.... most drivers can't hold a steady speed to save their life. Makes me want to be a drivers ed teacher for adults.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0018: I would end up in jail for punching adult driving students for being Morons!! :oops:
  4. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

For me it really depends on how I feel and if I remember it. I still find myself not using cruise control because my past two vehicles didn't have it. Haha
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's exactly my situation, too.
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

Only when on trips, once or twice a year!
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use my cruise control constantly. If I'm not accelerating or decelerating, the cruise is set. Even at 25mph, though I'd use it when I drive even slower if the computer allowed the cruise to engage at slower speeds. A vehicle not having cruise control is a deal breaker for me. The ONLY vehicle I have or drive that doesn't have cruise is my deuce, and I've been thinking about ways I can install one on it.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I drive by mine sometimes With the + and - You can control the truck well in some driving areas..
  9. a.graham52

a.graham52 New Member 100 Posts

I voted never, i dont have a CC lol.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use my CC as much as I can when on the freeway. Never on surface streets - there's either too much traffic or too many stop signs or traffic lights. I love CC on the freeway though.