1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

POLL - Is the site faster loading now?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Jul 27, 2010.

?

Is the site faster loading again?

1. Yes - About as fast as before (faster than last week)

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Not sure - Hard to tell

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No - Still slow loading most pages (slower than old site)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just need some feedback. My tests are the the post pages are loading in about 3 seconds, which is pretty fast. The main pages take a few seconds longer, but they cache and load faster on your second time though.

Feedback? Faster site?
  2. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member

my opinion is the load time is ok. what kills me is the waiting 20 seconds before searching again. but I still love this site no matter what
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Alot better than even the last time that i was online.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's flood control, each time it pulls that up is a major hit to the database. If we had one server for the files and another for the database then we could open that up, but that's 3x the cost of what we have right now.
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Agreed. I've seen a little bit of an increase since a few days ago on reload. Bringing something up cold, for the first time, still takes a bit of time. But it's not a big hassle. It's like any other busy website.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I agree with drillbit26 about the 20 second wait.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I would said......Thank you for your time and hard work Steve on making the Site Better for all of Member's.......x3 on being better than the last time I was online.