1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poll: Would you buy a hybrid Tahoe/Yukon?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 10, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just wondering what people think on this issue.
  2. 97tahoeboy

97tahoeboy New Member

i've seen tests on the new truck/suv hybrids and i don't understand how it helps. when a test silverado hydird got 17.5 mpg and my buddies gas silverado gets 20mpg. and thats with 31in tires and a bunch of other gas robbing add .ons
  3. ChevyFan

Hybrids are just getting started in their life. Look back to how big a cell phone battery was in 1990. The size of a small overnight bag. Now they're smaller than a pack of cards. I think that these hybrid batteries are likely to get better as well so that they can be used for more of the freeway driving, vs. the stop-and-go driving. That's where you see the real difference, when you're stopping every 5 minutes and never get above 35 mph.
  4. ArnoldJackson

ArnoldJackson New Member

i do enough in town driving to make a difference. youre right, that's where the difference comes in.
  5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I agree. They have to get much better than what they are doing now. Just not worth it yet.
  6. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

... but everyone wants better fuel economy (qualifying last post.)
  7. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

I just wish that GM would develop a hybrid SUV motor and then would shoe-horn it under the hood of the new Camaro. That would give the Camaro good performance and good gas mileage, and then I'd probably buy it... Yeah, that or give it an all aluminum turbo inline four instead of a V8... I'd buy that...
  8. ChevyFan

Trust me, the guys at GM are hard at work at making a hybrid, or whatever is the best fuel efficint configuration they can get.