Pontiac Montana (Chevy Venture) towing

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by aerohead34, Apr 16, 2007.

1. aerohead34

aerohead34 New Member

Just wondering if anyone here tows with their Pontiac Montana or Chevy Venture mini-van? I have a 2004 Montana that I use to tow a Starcraft 1701L pop-up. The pop-up weighs around 1400 lbs.
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member

Welcome aboard.

I don’t see why you couldn’t or shouldn’t tow something that size with a mini van.

Most of the people here do have the larger vans, I don’t remember if anyone has the Montana, but them my memory real stinks.

Do you have a factory installed hitch or are you getting one installed?

I do not recommend bumper hitches for any towing, but then everything I tow weights more than what you are talking about.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Sure why not you can pick up a good hitch just about anywhere. Prices vary a bit, but shops do this all the time. They'll do wiring and all. Unless you want us to get into a "how to" for ya? Depending on distance and weight you could consider a tranny cooler?? They do tend to sag in rear while towing depending depending on tongue weight, which can be corrected too...depending if you tow alot.

BTW my Dad towed about the same weight with his 2005 Montana
  4. aerohead34

aerohead34 New Member

I got the hitch installed a couple years ago. I just wanted to see how many out there used their mini-van to tow and if anyone had any problems. I dont have a tranny cooler installed. The farthest trip I have taken towing the pop-up has been around 350 mile one way to the mountains.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Oh Ok sorry. My dad didn't seem to complain. He hauled a 14' around for a bit too.
  6. aerohead34

aerohead34 New Member

No problem. I do appreciate the help.