Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Poor MPG. New plugs, wires next?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by cbroberts88, Aug 27, 2013.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

My '09 is not as bad as yours (it does have the 6 speed tranny and 3.42 gears). A lot of city and a bit of highway will give me around 16 mpg (at least, that's what the DIC tells me).

As I posted in an other thread a couple of days ago, I tried a speed test last week while driving in ME. 45 mph gave me the best mpg (around 25), 55 to 60 knocked it down a bit (I think it was around 20 mpg), driving at 75 knocked it down to 18. Speed makes a difference.

I change the front O2 sensors when I change the plugs, because I've read that they start getting lazy around 80k, if this is true, or not, IDK.

2. cbroberts88

cbroberts88 Member

Thanks for the info! I would love to get mileage like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Took the truck to the dealer today. They said they checked everything and it all seemed fine. maybe the truck is just that bad on gas. oh well. I went ahead and changed the plug wires as well.