poor panel ?'s 96 suburban

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by epp408, Jun 27, 2009.

1. epp408

epp408 New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have the same problem that my interior door handle on the passenger side did not open the door. Outside handle worked fine. Now I have a broken handle. Any other tips appreciated.
    I did read the great discripton in this seciton and it looks to be the same as my door but a few questions on the details as I have zero experience. Does the trim aroundthe handle and the triangular piece that covers the mirror bolts come off by hand or do you need to use a prying tool. Also can just the pull handle be replaced or does the whole assembly need to be replaced.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Eric

2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

yes the trim ring does come off with a little screwdriver and some finesse the mirror piece is held in by the quick snap pieces and i would recommend getting one of those tools there cheep at any auto parts store pretty much for the handle they only sell it as one whole piece you will need a drill to take out the one rivet holding it in basically just drill the head of the rivet off then it should pop off then you can put a new rivet in with the new assembly www.lmctruck.com has a good selection of parts and exploded views to see

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can get the pane tool but I just use a long flat blade screwdriver and very easily pop it off, as for the handle there seems to be a wide range of prices from part store to the dealership. I got mine from my local dealership for 34.95 others have paid twice as much and some get them from ebay for cheap but am not sure of the quality from ebay. I did the write up on here so if you have any other questions shoot me a private message, good luck.