Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Poor radio reception.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by LBAR1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

So my new to me 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 has very bad radio reception, when I push the seek button it just flies and ends up were it started. Anyone else in here have this issue or have suggestions, thanks in advance.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Just buy it? Bet it had a deck in it and when it got sold to you they put the factory one back in there and forgot to plug in the antenna.
  3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Pull the radio and make sure the antenna is connected to the radio. A lot of times people will install an RF modulator for an auxiliary CD changer, iPod connection, etc and then take it out before selling the vehicle, leaving the radio antenna unplugged.

EDIT: Zigger beat me to the post by mere seconds! LOL!
  4. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

Thanks, is removing the radio a big job and any tips from guys have done this.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Removing the radio is a breeze. Remove the dash bezel and then it's 3-4 bolts that tend to have 7mm heads. (If someone removed and replaced the radio then you might have different bolts or even screws, hence my use of the phrase 'tend to'.) They'll be obvious once you have the dash bezel off...
  6. zigger215

What's my prize??
  7. SurrealOne

Golf clap applause from the peanut gallery.
  8. zigger215

Yes!! Wait, is that sarcasm? That's sarcasm isn't it?
  9. SurrealOne

It's a relatively recent invention. I'm glad you're at least moderately familiar with it, in Alaska!
  10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your prize is that I didn't edit your post to say that he needed to put aluminum foil on his antenna! Muhoohaahaa!!!!!

Also, you have won a lifetime account here for free! (insert confetti cannons and fanfare music here)