1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Popping, Slipping Noise? HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kawierider1990, Jul 20, 2011.

1. kawierider1990

kawierider1990 New Member

Hey guys,

i have a 2005 chevrolet extended cab Z-71 and it is all stock with a little bit more agressive tires than stock, with no lift. Well my problem is that whenever i come to stop at a stop sign, when i start to drive again there is like a pop or squeak noise that happens a couple times. i have checked the u joints and thats not it. it doesnt do it all the time either. just most of the time. any help would be greatly appreciative! thanks Kolton.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Try taking the drive shaft out and greasing the splines and reinstall.
  3. kawierider1990

The splines on the yolk coming outta the tranny?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry, the splines on the rear drive shaft going into the transfer case. Your problem sounds like what my '05 Z-71 crewcab does and I found by lubing the shaft with some good grease it stops. If you drive through deep water I'd grease it several times a year.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Also are your rear brakes drum or disc?
  5. kawierider1990

i do believe they are drums. i think they made them drums again in the rear in 03.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Also what kinda grease would you recommend?