1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Possible 2010 Silverado Crew Cab Stereo System upgrade....

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by BLACKBAUER, Jul 5, 2010.

1. BLACKBAUER

BLACKBAUER New Member

The speakers on my 2010 Silverado Crew cab suck (no bass/and easy distortion) but I love the Onstar , XM and Ipod auxilary plug on my Factory Deck. My buddy has some Audio hookups so Im upgrading the speakers with some 6 1/2" JL Audio Components(been told they fit with spacer removal) and a Rockford 4 channel amp and hopefully a nice space saving subwoofer as well. I want to keep the factory headunit for functionality ,but If this doesn't sound good I may upgrade there as well.
    Does anyone know if there is a Toouchscreen Headunit w/Satrad and Ipod interface capabilities that could interface with the Onstar system with minimal modification???

Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg on the system...lol
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not positive, but I believe Crutchfield sells a harness that allows for use of onstar and your steering wheel mounted audio controls for around 35 bucks.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All you need is the right Adp as said above.. If all you are doing is a single Sub and some good JL Speakers I would look at a
    good 5 ch amp.. The higher end Kenwood has a new one for a great price..Or you can go for the JL HD 5ch Both bullit Proof amps..

KENWOOD INTRODUCES FIVE-CHANNEL KENWOOD EXCELON “REFERENCE FIT” MOBILE POWER AMPLIFIER

LONG BEACH, CA (Car Entertainment) -- Kenwood USA Corporation announced the introduction of a third model within the Kenwood Excelon Reference Fit mobile power amplifier line.

The XR-5S ($600 suggested retail price) is Kenwood’s only five-channel power amplifier and the industry’s most powerful five-channel amplifier for its size, delivering 80 watts (RMS) at 4 ohms with another 350 watts (RMS) x 1. Thanks to digital amplifier technology, the XR-5S has an extremely small chassis and allows for installation in very small spaces without any sacrifice in power or audio performance. A four-layer circuit board with surface mount device (SMD) technology and a new thermal management system make this high output, compact design possible. The XR-5S also has a continuously variable low-pass filter (50Hz to 200Hz) and continuously variable high-pass filter (50Hz to 200Hz), allowing for easy tuning and sound tailoring of multiple speaker systems.

The XR-5S completes the Kenwood Excelon “Reference Fit” lineup of compact power amplifiers designed for small space application. The XR-1S ($600 suggested retail price) is Kenwood’s smallest mono-block amplifier ever, delivering 600 watts (RMS) at 4 ohms and 700 watts (RMS) at 2 ohms, with a maximum power rating of 1,600 watts.