Possible 2010 Silverado Crew Cab Stereo System upgrade....

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by BLACKBAUER, Jul 5, 2010.

1. BLACKBAUER

BLACKBAUER New Member

The speakers on my 2010 Silverado Crew cab suck (no bass/and easy distortion) but I love the Onstar , XM and Ipod auxilary plug on my Factory Deck. My buddy has some Audio hookups so Im upgrading the speakers with some 6 1/2" JL Audio Components(been told they fit with spacer removal) and a Rockford 4 channel amp and hopefully a nice space saving subwoofer as well. I want to keep the factory headunit for functionality ,but If this doesn't sound good I may upgrade there as well.
    Does anyone know if there is a Toouchscreen Headunit w/Satrad and Ipod interface capabilities that could interface with the Onstar system with minimal modification???

Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg on the system...lol

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not positive, but I believe Crutchfield sells a harness that allows for use of onstar and your steering wheel mounted audio controls for around 35 bucks.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All you need is the right Adp as said above.. If all you are doing is a single Sub and some good JL Speakers I would look at a
    good 5 ch amp.. The higher end Kenwood has a new one for a great price..Or you can go for the JL HD 5ch Both bullit Proof amps..

KENWOOD INTRODUCES FIVE-CHANNEL KENWOOD EXCELON “REFERENCE FIT” MOBILE POWER AMPLIFIER

LONG BEACH, CA (Car Entertainment) -- Kenwood USA Corporation announced the introduction of a third model within the Kenwood Excelon Reference Fit mobile power amplifier line.

The XR-5S ($600 suggested retail price) is Kenwood’s only five-channel power amplifier and the industry’s most powerful five-channel amplifier for its size, delivering 80 watts (RMS) at 4 ohms with another 350 watts (RMS) x 1. Thanks to digital amplifier technology, the XR-5S has an extremely small chassis and allows for installation in very small spaces without any sacrifice in power or audio performance. A four-layer circuit board with surface mount device (SMD) technology and a new thermal management system make this high output, compact design possible. The XR-5S also has a continuously variable low-pass filter (50Hz to 200Hz) and continuously variable high-pass filter (50Hz to 200Hz), allowing for easy tuning and sound tailoring of multiple speaker systems.

The XR-5S completes the Kenwood Excelon “Reference Fit” lineup of compact power amplifiers designed for small space application. The XR-1S ($600 suggested retail price) is Kenwood’s smallest mono-block amplifier ever, delivering 600 watts (RMS) at 4 ohms and 700 watts (RMS) at 2 ohms, with a maximum power rating of 1,600 watts.