Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Possible to add LATCH in the third row?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Markus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Markus

Markus New Member

I read the manual for my base unit and it said that it can be mounted with belt only as well as ISOFIX. This base unit doesn't utilize the upper anchor. I guess belt will be just as good but i am a little disappointed that Chevrolet doesn't offer anchors as a option or accessory.

Thanks for all replies.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I understand what you said about the belt not holding the base well. I have had luck by pulling the seatbelt out all the way. (This locks it so it will not let anymore belt out) Then, I put all my weight and my wife's weight on the base, pushing it into the seat, while I adjust the belt to the proper position. This method has worked very well for me to tighten the base into place.

3. D4gw00d

D4gw00d New Member

My wife is hyper-nervous about the way our car seat is installed - thank Dog we are down to only one car seat and one booster.

Our truck pre-dates latch, so we use the seatbelt to hold the carseat in. Our Buick can accommodate 2 latch seats.

My beef with the 'Burban is that there is no place for the top tether anywhere in the middle row. The solution for me was drilling a hole in the floor and installing a D-ring. I can't believe that in 1994 car seats didn't have top tethers. Anyway, a load ring or D-ring shjould be easily available at any hardware/automotive store if others fall into this same trap.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

lol, in 1994 car seats did not have top tethers, so cars did not need anchor spots for them

5. D4gw00d

D4gw00d New Member

Thats funny - my 1999 Volvo had tethers, but honestly I don't remember much from before then. It may also have been different in the Canadian market than down there. In the volvo getting to the tethers was a major pain - it was a convertible and you had to actually remove the rear seat to get to it.

Not worth the effort to research it for the 'burban, drilling and setting anchors is easy in the old trucks. Takes about 10 minutes and you don't even need to jack up the vehicle.