1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Posssessed Door Locks

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Juza me, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Juza me

Juza me New Member

Well I guess my 2005 Silverado Duramax Crewcab is pissed at me as it is now locking the doors 5 seconds +/- after the ignition is keyed to the 'ON' position or the engine is started. I've now locked myself out twice with the engine running after I started the truck in my garage and then closed the door.
    I have the auto lock feature set to lock when the transmission is engaged and unlock when shifted into Park. It does unlock when placed in park, the problem is with it locking prematurely.
    I would think that if it were a relay, it would be the same relay that unlocks the doors when placed in 'Park', but apparently it's not.

Anyone else has this issue or know what may be causing it?

Juza Me...and a little Gremlin :grrrrrr:

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like a BCM issue. I had 2 GM vehicles that developed little "gremlins" along the way... I had an Aztek that would flash the high beams from time to time at night while sitting parked. I had an Oldsmobile Intrigue that would randomly turn the interior light on from time to time. Both cases required a BCM replacement. I left them alone because it wasn't causing me any hardship.

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Someone has figured out how to hack the BCM wirelessly while driving by.......... :)

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Not saying this is your problem (because your symptoms appear tied to ignition on), but I had a stuck button on a remote FOB, that would unlock the door after it was locked.

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Did you recently have an alarm installed? I had a really old alarm in my suburban that would lock the doors a couple seconds after the truck was started and the doors were closed. Locked me out a couple times before I figured that out...

6. Juza me

Juza me New Member

No, although it does have an alarm that has been in it for quite a few years...I'll check into that. Thanks